Welcome to the Internet, content lovers! This is what's currently available:
- My pixel art made for (and on) Amiga and Commodore 64.
- Nothing is New - On inventions, improvements and stagnation in the software world.
- A Hope For Reliving 1994 - The repeating history of platform diversity and dreams of reviving the home computer.
- Explaining the Internet in 2020 - a succinct summary for anyone who's spent the last 20 years in suspended animation.
- Little Things That Made Amiga Great - a deep dive into a selection of ingenious AmigaOS features.
- No Config for Old Men - or anyone else, for that matter: The curious disappearance of configuration.
- Website Colophon and a sort of Mission Statment for a Better Web.
- Subversive Computing: Better digital living by making things harder for yourself.
- cut vs. awk: Thinking about the UNIX philosophy and the speed of scripts.
- The Decline of Usability, in which we delve into the world of steadily degenerating user interface design.
- Small and Efficient, a lengthy rambling on why Andrew S. Tanenbaum and a lot of other people are wrong in calling modern computer systems bloated.
- When computers were cool and why they're not, anymore: a lamentation over the disappearance of Unix Workstations.
Hack, n. (dict.org)
A quick and inelegant, though functional solution to a programming problem.
- tube - Youtube CLI - Tube is a CLI program for launching a video player of choice to watch Youtube videos. A rudimentary and experimental function for searching Youtube is also provided.
- igdl - Instagram Image Downloader - A Python script to download an image from a given Instagram URL.
- mincss - CSS Minifier - A CSS minifier in POSIX sh.
- shpell - Spell Checker - A spell checker in POSIX sh.
- xvol - X11 Volume Indicator - A bash script to raise/lower audio volume and display an xmessage with the new volume level.
- colshift - X11 Color Tool - Create, manipulate and preview colors using standard POSIX tools.
- ttx - Swedish teletext reader - Read Swedish (SVT) teletext from the comfort of your terminal.
Misc: Bits, bobs, gizmos and gubbins
- ctwm configs - Configurations for ctwm, my current window manager of choice. I've also kept my older configs for twm on this page.
- fvwm configs - Configurations for fvwm, long-time favourite and still a great window manager for X11.
- Running Linux on the Acer Swift 1 - A few general observations about the Acer Swift 1, and a few tips on running Linux on it.
- Touchpad Toggler - a quick'n'dirty bash script for toggling a laptop's touchpad on or off.
- How to boot a NeXT cube into single user mode - Forgot the password? Reset it like this.
- Amiga stuff - Still a fun computer.
- Amiga Minix Demo 1.5 - Goofing around with Minix on my Amiga (image heavy).
- Advent of Shell - Advent of Code 2020, day 1, part 1 solved in pure AmigaShell.
- Advent of Code 2020 - Recreational programming.
- Advent of Code 2019 - More recreational programming.
- Advent of Code 2016 - See above.
- Sane Visual Studio Code - How to disable all the annoying pop-ups, tooltips, auto suggestions and other distractions in VS Code.
- No blinking in Linux TTY:s - How to disable cursor blinking in Linux TTY:s - once and for all!
- Links to to other pages used to be at least half the point of the web.
There's not much to say. My name is Carl Svensson, I'm a computer nerd and this is a place for collecting my creative output and forcing it onto the world. For the really curious among you, I have compiled a small page of personal information.
If you concatenate my first name and the first letter of my last name, you can send mail to me at this domain.