Advent of Code 2019
I've been lured into participating in Advent of Code 2019, a programming contest/challenge that presents a two-part puzzle each day during December until Christmas proper, just like an advent calendar.
I like the concept because it can be as competitive as you like (in my case, not at all) and you don't have to complete one day's puzzle to be able to see the next one - although they are sometimes dependent on having solved earlier puzzles.
A bit of code
Warning: This code is "as-is", complete with wonky formatting, glaring flaws, messy design and spurious comments.
- Day 1, solved using ARexx on Amiga.
- Day 4, solved using Python.
- Day 6, solved using Python.
- Day 8, solved using Python.
- Day 11, solved using Python.
- The recurring IntCode computer, a small but complete virtual machine/computer simulator evolved over several puzzles.
- A helper class to plot to and print a grid of pixels, which seems to be done quite often in the puzzles.